Single-Family Residential Accounts
All utility accounts are established by completion of a signed credit application (PDF) and placement of any deposit that may be required. Contact the Utility Billing Department at 951-765-2350 to inquire if the address of service is within our district & how you can obtain the required documents.
Based upon the creditworthiness of an applicant, the Utility Billing Department may collect a deposit of not more than three times the estimated average of a bill. Such matters may determine creditworthiness; including but not necessarily limited to, prior history with the City, favorable letters of credit from other metered utility agencies (i.e., gas, electric or water) or home ownership.
In lieu of a utility deposit, you may provide a favorable letter of credit - this option is available to tenants only
A Good Letter of Credit must be obtained from another metered utility such as water, gas or electric. It does not have to be from a local Agency but the letter must contain the following items in order to have the deposit waived:
- Must state the applicant's name
- Must show previous 12 months of service.
- Example: if you are applying for service in October of 2013 the letter must show service from October of 2012 to October of 2013
- If you lived a multiple locations; you must show concurrent service for the most recent 12 months
- Must have had no late payments within that time period If you lived in a mobile home park and paid utilities with your rent; you must provide the following:
- A letter on the Mobile Home Park letterhead stating that your utilities were included in your rent and that they were SUBMETERED.
o The letter must also show that within the last 12 months of occupancy, there were no late payments
o The letter must show the contact phone number for Manager or
person verifying information provided.
~ THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THE LETTER OF CREDIT REQUIREMENT ~
Multiple Dwellings and Non-Residential Accounts
All utility accounts are established by completion of a signed credit application (PDF) and placement of a deposit. In addition, you may request to have authorized agents (PDF) that may transact on your account, as well as, the option to have any shutoff notice faxed (PDF) directly to you. Contact the Utility Billing Department at 951-765-2350 to inquire if the address of service is within our district & how you can obtain the required documents.
On all new multiple residential accounts, wherein more than one unit is serviced by a single meter and all non-residential accounts a deposit of not less than one and one-half times the average periodic bill is required.
To pay a Utility Deposit by fax please complete the Credit Card Authorization Form (PDF)