Hot Weather Tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat, or use an umbrella for shade.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose clothing.
- Slow down—rest in the shade or a cool place when possible.
- Never leave a child, elderly, disabled person, or animal alone in a vehicle.
- Keep shaded areas with fresh water for outdoor animals.
- Turn on your air conditioner.
- Check on friends and neighbors who are elderly, have medical conditions, or are at higher risk for problems when it is very hot.
- If you do not have an air conditioner, use a fan, make sure your windows are open, and visit a cool center.
- Take a cool shower or bath.
- When it is hotter than 90° ,visit a friend that has air conditioning in their home or a cool place like a mall, a library or a senior center.
Cooling Centers in Hemet:
Simpson Center 305 E Devonshire Ave, Hemet,
Salvation Army 340 S Palm Ave, Hemet,