The City of Hemet will host an online community workshop to discuss how the City should look and function under new design standards being prepared for multi-family housing and mixed-use developments.
The City invites residents, property owners, housing developers, realtors, business owners, and community organizations to participate in a discussion about what type of design is appropriate for Hemet and how new development that meets these design standards can benefit from a streamlined project review process to provide new housing quickly and affordably. Participants will have the opportunity to contribute their ideas for attractive buildings, well-designed streetscapes, and sufficient parking to streamline the development review process. Information on how to participate will be available on the City’s website at http://www.hemetca.gov/SB2
The City of Hemet is undertaking multiple projects funded through a grant from the California Department of Housing and Community Development under the SB 2 Planning Grant Program. The key goals of this program are:
- Developing an attractive downtown
- Enhancing economic development to fund City services
- Meeting diverse housing needs in the community
- Improving the permitting process and updating land use regulations
City of Hemet SB 2-Funded Projects
- Objective Design and Development Standards. These standards aim to preserve Hemet's character while identifying clear design standards to facilitate by-right approvals of mixed-use and multi-family housing.
- General Plan Updates. The City will update the General Plan Circulation Element to consider new standards for analyzing traffic impacts and update the Housing Element to address regional housing needs over the next eight years.
- North Hemet and Downtown TOD Zoning Overlays. New zoning approaches are planned to facilitate development two sites: one in downtown and one in north Hemet.
- Downtown. Collaboration with the Riverside Transit Agency for transit connectivity of City-owned parcels in downtown.
- North Hemet. Collaboration with the Housing Authority of Riverside County for workforce housing adjacent to the Workforce Development Center office.
Save The Date
Thursday, December 3, 2020 from 4:00 to 6:00 pm
Please RSVP for the Workshop with Corina Hernandez email@example.com
Contact: City of Hemet Community Development Department, H.P. Kang: firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.